Professional Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
Organized by Centre for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL)
||Date & Time
||Dec 3 – 5 (Tue – Thu), 2019
||CPD LG.61 & 62, Centennial Campus
||Dec 17 – 19 (Tue – Thu), 2019
||CPD G.02, Centennial Campus
Professional Certificate Course Broad Aims
After completing the programme, we hope the participants will be able to draw on key concepts and relevant evidence of effective teaching and teaching development. Participants will be encouraged to review their own practices and apply the certificate course contents to their pedagogical design and personal development as educators.
Intended Learning Outcomes
After the successful completion of this certificate course, participants will be able to:
- Integrate the constructive alignment framework and knowledge levels into their teaching preparation in a manner consistent with the HKU’s Outcome-Based Approach to Student Learning (OBASL).
- Apply the principles of assessment of and for learning to their teaching.
- Construct curricula and instruct in a manner consistent with current theories and practices regarding essential student individual differences.
- Utilise evidence-based tools to increase student engagement during course experiences.
- Utilise essential teaching-learning technology and employ a continuum of e-learning tools for course instruction.
- Undertake concrete reflection of one’s teaching experiences and better employ student feedback toward the enhancement of their teaching.
Module Contents and timing
To attend a missed module/s, please write an e-mail to email@example.com mentioning the specific module/session.
For information on registration, please contact:
Ms. Noranda Zhang, CETL
Phone: 3917 4729; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.