- Prezi is a cloud-based platform to build presentations and access them on the Internet allowing easy editing from any device and simple, collaborative working.
- Prezi’s map-like canvas format and heavy reliance on animation (see the Background section and https://prezi.com for examples) might facilitate visuospatial processing, conceptual understanding, and narrative storytelling.
- Entry is supported by a broad range of Prezi templates where all of the visuals, layout, text, and colour has been completed.
- Users can add the content of their presentation, any additional frames, pictures, video, or amend the view path—moving or zooming sideways, backwards, or rotating the entire canvas.
- Use Prezi Video for remote meetings, webinars, trainings—or just to explain something you’re passionate about.
Sources: Moulton et al. (2017). Mayhew (2019). https://blog.prezi.com/introducing-prezi-video/
|User interface just after login|
|Different categories of Presentation templates|
|Editing a presentation video|
Literature and other sources
- Chou, P., Chang, C., & Lu, P. (2015). Prezi versus PowerPoint: The effects of varied digital presentation tools on students’ learning performance. Computers & Education, 91, 73-82.
- Elnakib, S. (2018). Use of Prezi software to support and expand extension outreach and education. Journal of Extension, 56(1), 5.
- Mayhew, E. (2019). The New Generation of Prezi Presentation Software, Provided by Prezi Inc., and Student Engagement and Learning Within Political Science. Journal of Political Science Education, 15(3), 406-409.
- Moulton, S. T., Türkay, S., & Kosslyn, S. M. (2017). Does a presentation’s medium affect its message? PowerPoint, Prezi, and oral presentations. PLoS ONE, 12(7), E0178774.
- Russell, J. (2017). The presenter’s toolbox. Journal Of The Medical Library Association, 105(3), 310-312.
- Safar, A. H. (2015). Educating with Prezi: a new presentation paradigm for teaching, learning, and leading in the digital age. College Student Journal, 49(4), 491-512.
- Shim, H., & Lee, S. (2018). Development of educational materials using prezi as digital storytelling tool. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 96(22), 7491-7499.