- VoiceThread is a transforming media into collaborative spaces with video, voice, and text commenting.
- It is a Web 2.0 tool hosted through the Internet, and requires no software.
- VoiceThread is asynchronous, allowing participants to respond at their convenience and carefully think about what they want to say.
- Users can create, upload, share and discuss images, videos and documents and then have an online conversation.
Source: Mott, R. (2018).
|Multiple options for making comments|
|Recording an audio comment with doodling|
Literature and other sources
- Brunvand, S., & Byrd, S. (2011). Using VoiceThread to Promote Learning Engagement and Success for All Students. TEACHING Exceptional Children, 43(4), 28–37.
- Ching, Y. H., & Hsu, Y. C. (2013). Collaborative learning using VoiceThread in an online graduate course. Knowledge Management & E-Learning: An International Journal, 5(3), 298-314.
- Fox, O. H. (2017). Using VoiceThread to promote collaborative learning in on-line clinical nurse leader courses. Journal of Professional Nursing, 33(1), 20-26.
- Hoplamazian, G. J., & Monthie, S. (2017). A Review of VoiceThread as a Tool for Advertising Education. Journal of Advertising Education, 21(1), 46-52.
- Jones, G. (2010). Web 2.0 Practices for Peer Assessment Processes: Exploring the Synergies and Tensions. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 9TH EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON E-LEARNING, VOL 1, 274-283.
- Mott, R. (2018). VoiceThread: A Useful Program Evaluation Tool. Journal of Extension, 56(1), 4.