- XMind is a professional mind mapping software product installed on devices.
- XMind is designed to assist people with brainstorming and organizing ideas into a conceptual map so people can use it to clarify thinking, manage complex information and run brainstorming sessions.
- XMind can play an effective role in operating abstract issues.
- XMind provides different templates (e.g., logic chart, org chat, tree chat, timeline, fishbone), markers and stickers.
- Users can insert attachment and share mind maps as PNG and PDF or via social network.
|Sharing a mind map|
Literature and other sources
- Buran, A., & Filyukov, A. (2015). Mind Mapping Technique in Language Learning. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 206(C), 215-218.
- Dinnes, C., & Hux, K. (2018). A Multicomponent Writing Intervention for a College Student With Mild Brain Injury. Communication Disorders Quarterly, 39(4), 490-500.
- Lee, J., & Fink, D. (2013). Knowledge mapping: Encouragements and impediments to adoption. Journal of Knowledge Management, 17(1), 16-28.
- Mammen, J. R. (2016). Computer-assisted concept mapping: Visual aids for knowledge construction. Journal of Nursing Education, 55(7), 403-406.
- Mammen, J. R., & Mammen, C. R. (2018). Beyond concept analysis: Uses of mind mapping software for visual representation, management, and analysis of diverse digital data. Research in Nursing & Health, 41(6), 583-592.
- Quan, G., & Gu, X. (2018). Visualization Forms in the Cross-cultural Collaborative Activities of Design and Development of a Digital Resource for Education. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 56(3), 439-463.
- Yeong, F. (2013). Incorporating Mind-maps in Cell Biology Lectures – A Reflection on the Advantages and Potential Drawback. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 103(C), 485-491.